Sunday 27 May 2012

Piu Mosso vs Molten Lava

Hello Everyone,

Hope your having a wonderful weekend. I recently acquired RBL's - Piu Mosso in a fab swap with Karen @ Frazzle and Aniploish. I was so grateful, as it was a massive lemming of mine. I also tracked down Estee Lauder's new Molten Lava and noticed that they were similar. Thought I would do a comparison for you.









Flash




This is two coats of both Piu Mosso and Molten Lava. Both applied lovely, although Piu Mosso was definitely more pigmented and could have been a one coater. As you can see both Piu Mosso and Molten Lava contain that lovely warm red/orange shimmer. I think that its slightly more pronounced (only just ) in Molten Lava. Piu Mosso is more of a navy blue while Molten Lava has a more of a dusky grey blue tone.

In the shade these look very similar, almost black. The warm shimmer isn't very noticeable at all, although if you use 3 coats, allow drying time, then gently wipe with a cotton pad with a small amount of remover, the shimmer can be enhanced, as the pigment appears to sit below the polish surface. Then top it off with a clear shiny topcoat as the polish remover will dull the polish. Voila, give it a try.

Price difference? Both are quite 'high end' and Molten Lava retails at £14.00 for 9mls with £3.95 standard shipping on Estee Lauder online while Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes retails for around £11.50 for 12mls however the shipping to the UK is a little pricey (another £12 approx based on the weight of one bottle). Piu Mosso is currently of stock although I hear through the bloggersphere that it will be re-released in the Autumn.


What do you think? Dupes, or would you own both?

Tee Dee xx

7 comments:

  1. I think I can tell the difference between them on the sunshine pictures. But had I seen you wearing them both IRL I wouldn't have noticed that they were different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colours, although far too pricey for me! :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are these are very lovely. I cant really tell the diff either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are really close! Nice comparison x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very similar! I have Piu Mosso and I love it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both stunning polishes although I think I prefer the Estee Lauder for the slight duskiness (although it's barely noticeable really!)
    Thanks for following - I'm now just scrolling through your blog, drooling over nail polish swatches! Haha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...