Sunday 11 March 2012

N.Fu Oh 51 vs Max Factor Fantasy Fire

Hello Ladies and Gentle

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Today's topic, a comparison of Nfu.Oh 51 and Max Factor Fantasy Fire. It took me a long while to resist the urge not to buy the notorious Nfu.Oh flakie 51. Of course I finally caved in. Imagine my annoyance when I heard that combining Max Factor's new Fantasy Fire with some flakies could recreate the wondrous glowing flakiness which the '51' possesses. Only one way to find out, in the words of Harry Hill...Fight!! No? well a comparison it shall be.

Natural Light




Flash



Nfu.Oh 51 is on all but my ring finger. My ring finger has one coat of Max Factor's Fantasy fire, then one coat of Nubar 2010. All combinations have been layered over one coat of H and M's Notoriously Beautiful, as both Fantasy Fire and 51 are quite sheer. As you can see the Fantasy Fire/2010 combo gives a very similar effect to Nfu.Oh's 51. Not total dupes, Nfu.Oh 51 has more of that glowing iridescent  pink shimmer, but if your looking for a cheaper alternative (Nfu.Oh retails for £14.95 here in the UK) then this could be your answer. 

And don't forget, I have a bottle of Fantasy Fire for grabs in my Spring Giveaway!!


Tee Dee xx




15 comments:

  1. Thank you for following :) Anyway, I love this nail polish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comparison. Since I have a snowball's chance of getting my hands on Max Factor, I think I need NFU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like the grass is always greener across the pond. I have easy access to a bunch of polishes in the US, but what I really want is a Max Factor polish that is not sold over here. Both polishes look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nfu-oh 51 is one of my all-time faves! Nice to see how it compares to Fantasy Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahh...that looks so lovely. I really do adore Nfu-oh flakies, but it's always good to have an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color !!

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great comparison! They're both very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks another in bottle and on nails:) nice!:)

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never pay attention to nfu oh 51, but OMG, it's stunning!! I guess I have to get it, though its quite £££ (sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, I'm going to try this as I dont have the NFU-OH one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I normally don't like purple, but this one I do like! nice swatches

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting for my 51 to come in the mail. Come to mama! I can't wait! Wish I could get my hands on some Fantasy Fire though! They both look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today I managed to bag 2 bottles of Fantasy Fire! Yippee! Daft thing is I saw it in Boots when it had just come out before people were swatching and hyping it and thought it looked interesting, but didn't buy. When I went back it has been permanently missing from the displays. Today, however, there were 2 bottles and a 3 for 2 deal on as well! Not only that but I had enough Boots points to cover it as well! I haven't put it on yet, but will very soon, the bottle looks amazing in the sunshine. Thanks for your great comparison swtaches. Sadly I'll never get Nfu Oh 51.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Andy, ooh good stuff. It did disappear quickly after release. It's great layered over black too.I've also loaded up on a couple of bottles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...