Tuesday 22 November 2011

Illamasqua Scarab vs MUA Shade 7

Hello Everyone

Remember I showed you my spider Halloween mani a couple weeks back with Illamasqua Scarab? Well I thought I would show you a Scarab comparison with one of MUA polishes, Shade 7. Why? Because Shade 7 is a whole lot easier to find.








Illamasqua Scarab is on my middle finger, the rest are painted with MUA Shade 7. Only 1 coat of each. Not bad coverage from either. Scarab was clearly a better formula, Shade 7 applied slightly streaky. Scarab is darker and richer, and also contains more golden shimmer. MUA Shade 7 isn't a bad polish though by any means, great value for its price (just £1) plus it's on the same wave length to Scarab. In fact I really love Shade 7. AND guess what? I made a spectraflair franken with these two juicy polishes. I haven't swatched it yet, but keep posted! the first sunny day I get I'll be out in the garden with my camera :-)

Once again I tried my red-green colour changing topcoat, just to see how it would look. So far every time I've used it, it has completely changed the tone of the base polish. I wanted to see how it would work with a red based polish.






Not a bad huh? The lovely winner of my giveaway won a bottle of this, so hopefully she'll like it :-)

Take care and thanks for reading peeps

Tee Dee xx

3 comments:

  1. Red-green colour changing topcoat makes both of these shades look much more different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ive just recently started my own blog it would really mean alot to me if you would follow me as im trying to get my viewings up www.be-jules.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarab is a great colour! I'm glad you found a dupe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...