Friday 24 February 2012

Illamasqua Baptiste vs W7 Purple Paradise

Howdy,


Today I have a comparison with Illamasqua's Baptiste to W7's Purple Paradise as requested. I thought when trying Baptiste it had similar properties to Purple Paradise. So on to the comparison.










As you can see, similar but not total dupes. Both Baptiste and Purple Paradise contain that gorgeous pink iridescent shimmer, although Baptiste is darker and blue toned. W7's Purple Paradise is more of a red toned purple. This is two coats of both on the comparison shots (can't remember on the full swatches?). Purple Paradise was thicker but had more of that glow while Baptiste was for me the better formula as it was more opaque in 1 coat and applied evenly.  Price wise, a big difference. Illasmasqua polishes retail for £13.50 each, while W7 retails at £1.99. 

Do you need both? Erm... I'm going to say maybe as they are different toned purples on the same wave length. Depends on if you are a collector or a bargain hunter. Both polishes are stunning. 

Tee Dee xx


9 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous!!! Thanks for the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Purple Paradise in my untrieds for almost a year! Shame on me, it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Purple Paradise-- it seems to glow so much more! I need some of there W7 polishes in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both colours... but i am a bargain hunter so would go to W7!

    http://the-beauty-bloggers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the name of your blog! SO creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After lusting over Baptiste for an age I think i'll have to hunt out Purple Paradise. I am a bargain hunter.. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for the comparison, especially as I asked for it! Very interesting to see the difference. As a bit of a cheapskate and someone with too much polish already I think it gives me reason enough not to get Baptiste, but yes, I can see there is a difference, and both are really nice, and I know that the Illamasaqua formula is wonderful!
    Tomorrow I'll have a chance to look in a couple of big pharmacies on my last day in the US, and I'm hoping I spot a few fun polishes! I safely received my order from TransDesign while here already, so can't really justify getting many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andy. Your welcome! I've seen transdesign online but wasn't sure whether to order from them or not? They have Misa nail polish in stock which I'm after.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...